Museum - Open today 10:00 ― 23:00
On May 21st Fotografiska Stockholm celebrates 10 years by re-opening the museum. For over a month the museum has been closed because of Covid-19. In time for its anniversary, the doors open to the meeting place of photography right by the seafront in Stockholm city.
— The world’s most open museum opens again. I’m touched that we actually re-open on the day of our 10-year anniversary. Our celebration will not be what we had imagined in this upside-down reality, but I hope to see guests be moved and thrilled in our museum again, still with social distancing in mind since the crisis is far from over, says Per Broman, CEO and founder of Fotografiska Stockholm.
In order for guests to feel comfortable that Fotografiska is following the authorities' recommendations on reducing the spread of infection and not creating crowds, guests will pre-book their visit to get a specific slot time.
The Museum will be open Thursday - Sunday from 9 AM - 9 PM. Groups of 25 guests at a time will be welcomed to enter the museum for 90 minutes. The restaurant will move out to the veranda from 10.30 AM the days the museum is open.
— We have prolonged all current exhibitions over the summer so that our guests can enjoy what they have missed during springtime. The theme of the acclaimed exhibition Generation Wealth by American photographer Lauren Greenfield is so timely right now, so it feels extra important that we open again for our guests to have a chance to be moved by it, says Lisa Hydén Exhibition producer at Fotografiska Stockholm.
New extended end dates for our exhibitions
Anders Petersen | Color Lehmitz ⟶ August 23
Lauren Greenfield | Generation Wealth ⟶ August 30
Hassan Hajjaj | VOGUE, The Arab Issue ⟶ September 20
Hubble Space Telescope | Hubble – a journey through time and space ⟶ August 30
Maisie Cousins | Rubbish, Dipping Sauce, Grass, Peonie, Bum ⟶ October 11
Fotografiska have taken the following measures to reduce the spread of infection
– We introduce a slot time system to ensure social distancing regulations are followed during the visit
– We offer gloves and mouth guards to the personnel
– We encourage our guests to respect the appropriate distance to each other and stay safe
– We avoid cash and offer swish to reduce physical contact during payments
– We offer disinfection in the gift shop and in restrooms
– We have set up protective plexiglass, and the store staff uses mouth guards and plastic gloves
– We disinfect surfaces and clean the house with increased frequency
– We have marks on the floor to reduce queuing
– We apply appropriate distance between tables on the outdoor dining area
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.